Fall is in the air, the apples are ripening on the trees, and harvest festivals are popping up all around us. What better time to grab a bushel of apples and head into the kitchen to whip up some delicious apple-inspired desserts. We hit up our go-to chef Bill Devine at Rosetta Farm Spices for his take on the classic apple crisp.
Snappy Apple Crisp
4 c Granny Smith or preferred baking apples. Peel and slice into ¼ pieces. Coat with lemon juice.
1/3 C light brown sugar
½ t. RFS Sweetie Pie Blend
½ C frozen blackberries
1 Tablespoon all purpose flour
½ C all purpose flour
6 T of cold butter, cut into pieces
1/3 C rolled oats
½ C white sugar Instructions
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Coat a 10 x 10 x 2 baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
3. Place filling ingredients into large bowl and combine gently.
4. Pour combined ingredients into baking dish.
5. Place items for topping into a food processor and pulse until mixture has a coarse crumble consistency.
6. Spread crisp topping evenly over the filling.
7. Bake until brown and bubbly, approximately 40 to 50 minutes.
Top with Vanilla Ice Cream and Enjoy the Season!
Find more great recipes on Farmers Market Finds!