In addition to opening day for many farmers markets, the month of May is the start of gift giving season…. Mother’s Day, Graduation, Father’s Day and weddings! We have a slew of upcoming weddings to attend this year, so we are sharing some of our favorite Farmers Market Finds go-to gifts for all of the happy couples. While these gifts are not likely on any registry, each is so special that they are destined to become family heirlooms.
1. To add beauty, craftsmanship, and elegant design to the couple’s new home pick a beautiful, hand-blown vase or bowl from Lisa Aronzon Glass Studio. These amazing works of art are carefully created in Lisa’s studio in Virginia. Whether you select a vibrant color, like the ruffly vase, or something more subtle for the new couple, this piece of functional art is destined to become a treasured keepsake.
2. These hand painted wooden bowls and matching utensils from TylerWare make the perfect wedding gift. A Farmers Market Find from the Vail Farmers Market we can’t say enough about the quality of the wood, design and color options. Have the bowls inscribed with the couples name, wedding date or a special saying for a truly personal gift. Coming in a wide variety of colors and designs, these bowls are a gift that can be used every day for displaying fruits and whipping up salads. They make a great presentation when entertaining too!
3. Have any Mad Men – Don Draper fans getting married this summer? Wine or martini glasses from David Rasmussen Furniture Design is a truly unusual gift! Available with glass or colored stems, these mid-century modern glasses are show stopper gifts. The Black Walnut glasses are fully functional, do not affect the flavor of the contents and actually keep beverages cooler than glass.
4. If your wedding couple has a particular city that is near to their heart then a hand-painted ceramic platter from Theresita Designs is the perfect gift to commemorate their courtship. These platters can be customized to include city, buildings, and landmarks – all the places where memories were made. Did they fall in love in Paris? Live in NYC? Runaway and elope to Gloucester, MA like me? Design a platter that reflects the couple’s fondest memories. Platters can also be customized using color palettes, designs, words, phrases and dates.
5. Give the bride and groom something to chew on with custom cutlery from Bella Jackson Studios.The fully engraved cutlery sets allow you to add a special touch to a gift that can be used everyday. Chose from the couple’s names or wedding date, Bible verse, or whimsical saying as your inscription. No matter what message you send, the wedding couple will have these special pieces to cherish as the days go on.